(Note: Sorry for any complications with this post. I accidentally hit “Publish” before it was ready, so I had to revert it to draft and finish it. Oops!)
At the beginning of summer, I posted a Summer Bucket List, aka some of the things I hoped to do this summer. Are you ready to see how I did?
Green = Check!
Yellow = Sort of
Red = Nope
(Thanks for the “key” idea, Loren!)
1. Read the Bible every day. I did pretty well with this! I didn’t read it every single day, but definitely most days. I read through Revelation, Romans, Galatians, and I’m almost done with 1st Corinthians. I’m going to try and continue this goal throughout the year.
2. Go to a movie theater. Yes! We did go to the movie theater for one of the special $1 days. (We saw The Peanuts Movie.) It was a fun experience. 🙂
3. Get more sleep. Heh heh. Probably not. 😄 I did pretty much stick to my goal of reading my Bible every night before bed and not reading any other books unless it was before 10:30… but I still went to bed late a lot. 😛 So the sleep part, I don’t think so, but the reading schedule, yep!
4. Do stretches more often. Yep! I can just barely touch my toes now. 😄 I know, that’s pitiful. 😄 But at least it’s better than at the beginning of summer.
5. Paint and redecorate my room. YES! This was one of the highlights of my summer! You can see my post about the room makeover here. It looks soooo much better now!
6. Improve my swimming. Weeell, I don’t know. It’s kind of hard to tell for sure. I’m not super fast, but I feel like maybe I’m more confident and at home in the water. I love just being underwater – it’s so peaceful and beautiful! I also got a little better at diving… but my flips aren’t too polished yet. 😄 So I’m going to say I DID improve my swimming, if for no other reason than I swam a lot this summer and feel more comfortable in the water.
7. Watch the Olympics! That was so much fun! I really loved the Olympics. It felt like this year especially I was witnessing history being made: Michael Phelps’ last Olympics, Katie Ledecky smashing the world record, Team USA grabbing another gold for Women’s Gymnastics (not to mention the talented Simone Biles collecting a few more for herself!), Team USA winning the most medals in the Olympics overall, and so much more. Way to go America! 😀
8. Cook something weird. If Turkish Delight counts as weird, then yes, yes I did. (See the recipe here.)
9. Decorate cupcakes with friends. Sadly, we did not get to do this. 😦 Maybe we can make some fall-themed ones this season.
10. Go fishing. Uh… does holding a fishing pole over water for, like, five minutes count? 😄 We went fishing a tiny bit with some friends while on vacation, but I didn’t catch anything.
11. Make “masterpieces” from my three [or four] favorite mediums. I think so! I made this dragon from polymer clay, sewed a quillow in sewing class, drew Casey (in this post), and took lots of pretty pictures, many of which I posted on this blog.
12. Have a shaving cream fight. This. Was. So. Fun. Ahhh! We should definitely do it again. (See my post about it here.)
13. Do a photoshoot with friends. I did this photoshoot with our friends when they came over and played on the barn roofs with us. 😀 Those are some of my all time favorite photos!
14. Add more things to my Etsy shop. I sold several custom orders over the summer, like this owl, and this German Shepherd dog. I also added some necklace pendants and this dragon to my shop. I sold… let me see, 5 things this summer! Yay! 😀
15. Take lots of pictures on our vacation. I guess it depends on what you mean by “lots.” I took 260 pictures, not counting the ones I deleted. Would you say that’s a lot? I think so. 😀 I did two posts so far (here and here) with some of the pictures.
So out of 15 goals, I completed 11, sort of completed 3, and didn’t complete 1. Pretty good!
This summer was quite eventful. Besides doing the things on my bucket list…
- I met a blogger (Rebekah) in real life! Sooo fun!
- I got my wisdom teeth pulled. Youch!
- My blog got featured on Discover (which you probably already know by now). That also was one of the highlights of my summer.
- Megan and I entered lots of stuff in the fair, and we won several ribbons! (I’ll probably do a post about my entries…)
- And Willow, my rabbit, had baby bunnieeeeees! (Another highlight.) They’re SOOOO CUTE I CAN’T STAND IT! See pictures of them here (when they were first born) and here (much fuzzier).
Phew! That was a lot of links. 😄
So yeah! That was a short review of my summer. 🙂 What were some of the highlights of your summer? Did you complete your bucket list if you had one?
P. S. Thank you for your prayers for my cousin Leisha. 🙂 Her surgery went very well – thank you, Lord! ♥ She has had some pain, though, so please continue to pray for her recovery. 🙂 ♥♥♥