Quite a few bloggers have done summer bucket list posts lately, and I enjoyed reading them! I thought it would be a good idea to make one myself. Some of the things on my bucket list are just fun things to do, and some are more like personal goals. I am actually going to try to do these things! *Gasp* XD At the end of the summer I will tell you if I accomplished these goals or not. 🙂
1. Read the Bible every day. I’m definitely going to try and do this.
2. Go to a movie theater. Guys, this may shock you, but I have NEVER been to a movie theater! (Well, unless museum theaters count.) But this summer we might possibly go see Finding Dory! We also are probably going to a summer theater thingy where it shows movies that already came out for only $1 a person. I can’t wait!
3. Get more sleep. 😛 Heh heh. 😉 My bedtime goal is to read a chapter of the Bible before I go to bed, and then read other books only if it’s before 10:30. Or maybe Mom could let us sleep in more… Just kidding! XD We do sleep in already.
4. Do stretches more often. I am rather un-flexible. (Well, my elbows are double-jointed (or at least hyper-flexible), but that doesn’t really count. 😛 I can sort of twist them around so they stick out the opposite way. XD Yeah, very weird but true.) Annnnnyway, as I was saying… I hope by the end of the summer I can at least touch my toes! XD
5. Paint and redecorate my room. My sister and I have been wanting to redo our bedroom for a long time. The wallpaper is kind of old and doesn’t really match our bedspreads and decorations. After we paint, I want to redecorate our room with goodies from Hobby Lobby. I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY!
6. Improve my swimming. Especially my endurance and speed. I could practice more if the water wasn’t so cold! XD I do love swimming though. Our neighbor has a nice pool that she very generously lets us use.
7. Watch the Olympics! I love watching the Olympics – especially the gymnastics and swimming. It’s so much fun to eat snacks and watch the Olympics with my family.
8. Cook something weird. Maybe a strange-sounding ethnic dish or just something that I wouldn’t usually try. And then eat it, of course. XD Speaking of weird foods, here is a strangish food my family eats: carrot salad (grated carrots, orange Jello, nuts, celery, and crushed pineapple). It probably sounds really weird, but it’s delicious! Have you tried it before?
9. Decorate cupcakes with friends. My friend and my sister and I want to make one of the recipes in my friend’s special-cupcakes book.
10. Go fishing. I love fishing at my uncle’s pond!
11. Make “masterpieces” from my three favorite mediums. In other words, I want to create something really good from polymer clay, take some really good pictures, and make some really good art.
12. Have a shaving cream fight. This would be so fun! And then wash off and go swim in the pool.
13. Do a photoshoot with friends. I would love to do a fun, creative photoshoot with my friends or family!
14. Add more things to my Etsy shop. I haven’t done much with my Etsy shop lately. I hope to add some new products and even get a few sales over the summer. 😀
15. Take lots of pictures on our vacation. This year we’re going to see Niagara falls and travel up around the Michigan/Great Lakes area. There is going to be lots of water (my favorite!) and I really want to get some good pictures. I’m thinking sunsets on the lakes and definitely photos of Niagara falls. 🙂 Also as a side note: it might be helpful if I don’t ruin my camera this year like I did on our last two vacations! UGH! (Both times it was because of sand. 😦 )
There you go! What is the #1 thing on your summer bucket list? Are you going to do any of the things on my list?
P. S. I have some announcements from around the blogosphere to share with you. 🙂 Rutvi is having a writing contest! Check it out here. Also, Clara is doing a really neat blog scavenger hunt. Definitely go check that out too! (I helped with the prize. *Smug look* XD Ha ha!)